Tuesday, July 10, 2012

. today I... .

Threw myself a pity party...yep, you heard it right. A legit 5-minute-non-stop-sobbing PITTY PARTAYYY. I know we all must have these moods and to keep this blog honest, here is my reason why :)

First up, the good news, which coincidentally is also the bad news. I got a job...at McDonald's!! Now I'm very grateful to have a job where as a lot of other people are unemployed. I have applied probably at for over 25 jobs, made follow up phone calls and NOTHING, nada!! Even applying at McDonald's was hard, this is not the type of job I thought I would have at 26, or ever for that matter.

Not only is it kinda incredibly embarrassing to work there, it pays next to nothing. I'm extremely blessed to have parents who are supporting me thru this sucky time in my life but there are days when i just can't ask for money..like today. Today was my parents birthday (yes they were born on the same day, a year apart) so today was NOT the day to ask them for more money (my mom will probably feel bad, but please don't feel bad! it was your birthday)So I got some gas and then I had to do what for me was unthinkable...I bought Izzie wet, canned dog food at the gas station. I'm sure its perfectly fine to feed that to Izzie but I'm not used to having so little money that I have buy her $0.99 cans. It was just a sad thing for me to do, I try to give her the best of everything because she didn't have a say in choosing a good home so she will not suffer for it.

Any who, it's just a lot harder then I thought to be back here. My friends are all gone, most of them I don't even talk to. I just didn't quite imagine my summer to be like this, and sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake by moving back here. I know there is a reason for everything and I'm trying to see the good things. In my opinion there are a lot of things that aren't going the way I would like them to, but I have also been blessed beyond belief.

I have an unbelievably amazing family, awesome friends and a God that loves me no matter what. I think there is a lesson for me to learn here and at some point I will realize what that lesson is!

But for now, I'm over my pity party..it was fun for the 5 minutes it lasted :) and I'll leave you with my 2 favorite bible verses:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight"
Proverbs 3:5-6  


I'm going to keep my head up high and pray that a new job will soon open up for me! Remember all the blessings in YOUR life! Oh, and please tell me I'm not the only one who throws myself a pity party!!


xoxo E

No comments:

Post a Comment