Thursday, January 3, 2013

. resolutions / goals .

I'm personally not a big fan of making new years resolutions...they always only seem to stick for one or two months and after that I forgot I made them or just simply don't care anymore. Last year for example, my resolution was to lose weight and be skinny. From the end of the year until the end of February I lost 10lbs, but then I stopped caring so I didn't lose anymore. I think now that I have a blog I can look back and see what I wrote, no more excuses for 'not remembering' what I said I would do in the new year.
So this year I am going to be focusing on goals, instead of resolutions...i think it sounds better.
So, here ya have it...my goals for 2013

1. Graduate college!! I am going in on Monday to apply for graduation, and if all goes well (please say a little prayer) I will be wearing my cap and gown in less than 170 days!!

2. Be healthier. I'm not saying I want to be skinny, because frankly, who cares. I just want to eat healthier, exersize more (take Izzie for a long walk) and take better care of my body. I have recently become a vegetarian, I started in June of 2012, but I wasn't strickt about it. After hearing a video in class (I had my back towards the tv so I couldn't see it, but hearing it was enough), I'm done eating meat. I'm not craving it, I just have to be careful to get my nutrients some other way.

3. Be financially responsible/stable. I tend to get carried away when people around me are spending money, and I need to be more responsible than that. I'm ashamed to say I don't have a saving account....well actually I DO have a savings account, there is just nothing in it, whoops. I need to start saving money and paying bills when they are due. I bought a huge white board so I can write down all my bills and due dates. I'm also working on making a budget and my boss is explaining the envelope method of saving money :) I'll keep ya'll updated.

4. Take off my make up before bed. Honestly, I'm so bad at this. I lay in bed before its time to go to sleep and its really not that hard to take off my make up but its one of those things that I just don't feel like doing. I have really good skin and I look really young (not always a plus) and I want to keep it that way!

5. Get closer to Him. At the moment I am reading a daily devotional. I am under so much stress and pressure and all I need to do is let Him lead me, and all my worries will go away. If only I prayed as much as I worried...I'd be in much better shape!

6. Be a better blogger. My one year blogiversary is January 27th (be on the look out for my first give-away!!) and I feel like I haven't used my blog as much as I wanted too. I want this blog to become part of my life, something to look back at later on to see how much has changed and how much has grown.

7. Organize my house. I HATE when things don't have a place! I need to get more organized in my house, bills have a place, school stuff has a place and stuff like that. Also, I am aweful at picking up after myself...I rather just clean one day of the week and do the whole house, but it woudn't take me nearly as long if I picked up along the way. I . need . to . work . on . that . PRONTO!!

What are your resolutions / goals for 2013? I don't know about anyone else but I think this is going to be a great year!!

xoxo E

No comments:

Post a Comment