Tuesday, April 9, 2013

. 5 steps forward .

And 4 steps back.

With my history of mental health issues, this is usually the way it goes. I work so hard on myself and improving my overall and mental health. But there are things that come so unexpectedly that they knock me to the ground. If I didn't care as much as I do, this wouldn't be a problem, but I care to a default.

I'm not going to go in detail here of what it is that happened, but it was disruptive to my life and my mental health. All last week I didn't work out and I didn't eat healthy at all. I felt fat, slow and overall like crap. I have realized that eating healthy and being healthy creates a healthy brain..which is exactly what I need.

This weekend was a turning point. Not sure what happened, but I'm not letting myself fall that far back over something that looking back is so dumb. If that means I have to build a little wall around me to protect myself..so be it.

I'm back though..worked out for 1.5 hours today and yesterday. It feels so nice to be back in the grind, and working out again. I feel healthier now that I am fueling my body with healthy foods instead of sugar :)

via
 
 
This is not a post full of negativity. It is a post of hope. Life sucks sometimes, and things get thrown at you from all different angles. Instead of moping about it, pick yourself up and do some exercises..you'll actually feel better! Even if you have an off day or 2 (or 7 in my case) its OK!! Just don't give up, or give in. It is so not worth it to stop now!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment