Tuesday, September 3, 2013

dream

{post written a few weeks ago. It is currently only 12:36am}

This is what I do at 2:53am. When I can't sleep and I can't think. I blog. And I dream. I dream about what life is going to be like a month, a year, 5 years from now. Will I get my heart's desire {to find a husband and have children}? Will I drive a huge SUV with 3 kids and have an amazing, Godly husband? Will I have a job/career I love{d}? Will I be blessed enough to be a stay at home mom and have the most important job there is?

Sometimes I wish I wasn't as impatient as I am. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my life, and I wish I could see it all now. That way I can close my eyes and sleep soundly, because I knew He would provide what I most desire.



I guess that is where a little word called faith comes in. I have to have faith that what I am feeling in my heart is there because He put it there. Not to dangle it in front of me and take it away. It is there for me to get used to, so that I will rejoice when I am ready to receive it. I do have faith, that is not the problem. I would just like to have a preview of exactly when I will meet my husband. Will I be 27? Or 41? Those things, for some weird reason are important, to me. I have been thriving in life and in faith in the past year and a half and that is because I Let go & Let God. I realized that if He wants me to have something, I will get it...in His time. 

These are the times I remember why I got the tattoos I did.

 *   "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight" - Proverbs 3:5-6
*    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13
*    Hope anchors the soul - Hebrews 6:19
*    Don't quit before the miracle

Let go & let God !

No comments:

Post a Comment