Saturday, November 9, 2013

When your mom is right...

Which, granted, there are a LOT of times when your mom is right...at least my mom is!! 

Hello again lovelies!! Grad school and work have sucked up all my time, and then some, leaving nada for blogging. Sad times! However, I am 3 classes and 4 weeks away from being half way done with my master's degree & I love my job, so it's all good :)

About my mom being right though. I was telling her the other day how living paycheck to paycheck is no fun, and that it is always something. I got food poisoning and couldn't work for a day. And everyone knows that at most jobs, if you don't work, you don't get paid. A week later, Izzie appeared to have a UTI (who knew dogs could get those) and she was scheduled for an appointment. The appointment was cancelled because she is her happy, upbeat self and doesn't seem sick. I told my mom, what is next my car?? Be careful what you put into the universe. Those were her exact words. 

Fast forward to 2 days later. I'm on my way to court to observe a criminal proceeding for class. I stop at a stop sign. This lady is making a left turn. She turns, a little too tight. So tight, that SHE HIT MY CAR!!!! She hit me straight on, I tried honking but she didn't hear it, it was too late. The cops were called, my car got towed, and it might not be live to see another day. Luckily neither one of us were hurt, I have symptoms that everyone has that gets into a car accident, sore chest from the seat belt, a pounding headache that has lasted for over 24 hours, and pain in my neck and back. 



:( sad car


This is my first 'real' car accident, my first one was a tiny fender bender. I had no idea they were such a hassle! Phone call after phone call had to be made with no solutions being found.

The moral of the story is that my mom was SO right in this instance, it required a post. Mom, you were right, and I will NEVER put anything out in the universe.ever.again. Unless it is a happy thought off course! Has anything like this ever happened to you?





No comments:

Post a Comment