Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Home is...

Where the heart is? Where I live? Where my family lives?



I feel that with all this moving going on, I have lost my sense of where home is for me. Since I moved to the states in 2007, I have moved 9 times and have lived in 3 different states (fun fact: izzie has moved with me 8 of the 9 times!).

Home will probably always be the home I grew up in in the Netherlands, even though I am looking to create my own home. Some people just have that idea in their head that when they grow up, they want to live in the mountains, on a farm, or in New York City. I feel like the older I get, the more I am craving for that little space of this planet to call my home. Whether it is in the desert, mountains, the coast, the south - I have no idea. I'm absolutely in love with Phoenix and all that is has to offer, it doesn't feel like home. I just can't figure out if this is where I would want to raise a family or live long term.

In my head, I think I imagined a smaller town, near a big city to raise my family. What state or side of the country this big city is, Lord only knows! That is why I will leave it up to Him - He is the only one who knows where I will be settling, and His plan is better than anything I can come up with on my own. So here's to making my apartments as cozy, homey and inviting as I can! And lets be honest - my home is wherever Izzie is!!

I would love to know where your home is!




No comments:

Post a Comment